Whether you are a long-distant runner, regular sports enthusiast or love hitting the gym, stretching your body should be part of your exercise routine. Stretching not only helps mobility but it helps to ease pain, unwind tension and it’s a great way to recover from those hard workouts. Don’t forget to stretch before AND after your workout by selecting stretches that are right for you and your body.
- Ease and sooth chronic or exercise-induced pain
- Combat stiffness and sore muscles
- Minimize injury by stretching before and after exercise
- Promote flexibility and keep your body limber
- Unwind tension and stress
- Boost relaxation and mindfulness
- Improve your balance
- Promote good sleep
- Find more energy and feel healthier
- No gym required!
As with any exercise regime, watch not to overstretch your muscles and ease into new positions. Foam rollers and straps are stretching aids that can enhance and deepen your stretches. For beginners, Yoga and Pilates classes are a great way to start your stretching practice.
Don’t forget that every part of your body deserves a good stretch!